Please Remember to RSVP For Our Upcoming Town Hall Meetings
If you haven't already done so, I hope that you will RSVP to attend my September 22 Town Hall Meeting on the need to balance local control and liberty.
Some political subdivisions - such as cities, counties, and special districts - have chosen to pursue regulatory policies which unduly restrict the choices of Texans and hobble economic freedom. This is particularly problematic when those restrictive local policies violate, contradict, or undermine state laws. The Texas Legislature must continue to safeguard liberty and economic freedom, protect the property rights of Texans, and remove burdensome regulations that drive up the cost of living and hinder job creation.
- Mayor Beth Van Duyne, City of Irving
- Tom Giovanetti, President of the Institute for Policy Innovation
- David Lehde, Dallas Builders Association
- And others
- September 22 - Irving - Local Control & the Role of Government
- October 7 - University Park - Repealing the Margins Tax
- October 27 - Rowlett - Continuing to Make Transportation a Priority
- November 11 - Education
- December 8 - Economic Freedom
- More information on each of these events will be posted soon.